Original Recipe Here
Lemon Cheesecake Protein BarsINGREDIENTS:
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 8 oz Softened Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 1 tsp Grated Fresh Lemon Zest (an entire lemon)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (squeeze those babies!!)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Low-Carb Low-Fat Vanilla Protein Powder (We used Dymatize)
- 3/4 Cup Stevia Granular, Or Sweetener Of Choice. (Truvia, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch Or Other Thickener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg and egg whites in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, combine cream cheese and all remaining ingredients with a blender.
- Once smooth, add eggs and blend until mixed thoroughly.
- Coat 8x8 cooking pan with spray.
- Add batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Cut into 9 equal squares. Top it off with a sprinkle of stevia and lemon zest! Enjoy!
Servings: 9 per recipe
Serving Size: 2
Macros per serving:
Carbs: 6.6g, Sugars 4.5g
Variety is the spice of life so feel free to mix it up and substitute lime instead of lemon...or add in a dash of your favorite extract! Top it off with a sprinkle of coconut for a tropical treat!
Last but not least, don't forget to SHARE (buttons below!) the recipe...everyone loves a good healthy treat!